Consulting is a larger industry however, there are emerging consultants who want to start their career or practice independently. They might get projects based on their experience, expertise or connection. At the end, invoicing is to be done. When the business reaches to a multi fold level, ERP or Billing solutions can be adopted, but initially everyone tries to manage by implementing a standard invoice template in Excel, Spreadsheet, Word or Numbers. Hence, this template for business consulting invoice in Excel is very useful and can act as a starting point.
Once you download this excel template for invoice, you can see that it comes with default fields like;
- Company name, address and other details (website, phone number etc).
- Bill To (*Customer name and other customer related details)
- Project Details (*Details of project name or assignment name or engagement worked upon)
- Invoice date and due date for payment
- Description, hours and rate for the services rendered.
- Discounts, if any and total tax on the supply of services.
- Terms and instructions.
Now, point to remember here is that consulting services are charged on hourly basis in most of the cases but if the rates are pre-defined, it doesn’t make sense in highlighting the same in the invoice. Hence, you can quickly modify fields and sections which are not relevant for your use cases. This is a fully customizable invoice template.